Centre for Interdisciplinary Computational and Dynamical Analysis (CICADA)
The University of Manchester has recently created a Centre for Interdisciplinary Computational and Dynamical Analysis (CICADA) working at the boundaries between mathematics, computer science and control engineering.
This centre has received £1.7m funding from EPSRC to build a centre of excellence and a national resource to explore new mathematical and computational methods for analysing hybrid systems, asynchronous systems and developing adaptive control methods for these systems. Funding runs from November 2007 to April 2012 - and hopefully beyond!
- Final Cross Feasibility Account Report
- Francoise Tisseur has been elected winner of the 2011/12 Adams Prize (joint with Dr Sheehan Olver of the University of Oxford).
- Steve Furber is made Fellow of the Computer History Museum
- Professor Nick Higham has been re-elected to a two-year term as Vice President at Large of SIAM, 2012-2013
- Internship at CICADA Available - deadline is Monday 9 January 2012
- Congratulations are due to James Hook who has been awarded a year long EPSRC doctoral prize fellowship and Marc Goodfellow (currently in MIB) who has also been awarded a doctoral prize fellowship for 6 months.
- LATEST CICADA Newsletter - Issue 5
- Professor Paul Glendinning is Vice President (Learned Society) of The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, 2011-2012.