CICADA organises a range of different events. They include the following:
- Research Seminars:
- These are usually weekly. Speakers are invited to come and talk to the group about an area of research of interest to CICADA. A history of our seminars can be found at:
- 2007/8 Seminars from Semester Two
- 2008/9 Seminars from Semester One
- 2008/9 Seminars from Semester Two
- 2009 Seminars from Semester One
- 2009/10 Seminars from Semester Two
- 2010/11 Seminars from Semester One
- 2010/11 Seminars from Semester Two
- 2011/12 Seminars from Semester One
- Specialist Seminars:
- Sometimes CICADA puts on "Specialist Seminars". These are talks given by visiting lecturers and demand a certain degree of prior knowledge. These talks are aimed at providing very specific and detailed knowledge of a particular area of interest to members of CICADA.
- Conferences and Workshops:
- These may be one-day events or they may run for several days. Experts in the field of hybrid systems, including those from overseas, participate in these events.
- Industrial Events:
- These are usually one- or two-day workshops involving our industrial partners. Workshops can be tailor-made to suit the needs of industry and CICADA is keen to foster new ways of working with industrialists.
- Study Groups:
- These informal groups include both The Tropical Mathematics Reading Group and The Hybrid Systems Reading Group. These groups normally meet weekly and discuss reading matter on specific areas of research.